Company Overview & Objectives
California Medical Evaluators (CME) is a growing medical-legal company with a network of over 140 physicians and approximately 75+ employees performing medical-legal evaluations throughout all of California.
The Provider Liaison is a critical component to California Medical Evaluator’s customer success. This fast pace environment will require multi-tasking, excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This job responsibilities are as follows. You need to be able to coordinate and manage your physician’s calendars. You will need coordinate with all parties involved with Qualified Medical Evaluation for the injured worker. What needs to be coordinated is for all parties, Applicant Attorney, Defense Attorney, Adjuster, Applicant, interpreter (if needed) and Medical Doctor to have the same date and time coordinated on calendar. All legal correspondence needs to be obtained and presented to physician for an evaluation. All deadlines must be followed up and met. If the deadlines are missed this could have a negative impact on reimbursement. The attention to detail is a critical component to the success of the Provider Liaison role.
California Medical Evaluators Mission Statement:
California Medical Evaluators brings a unique approach to independent medical examinations. We simplify the medical-legal evaluation experience by leveraging our vast network of highly qualified medical experts who provide simple and sound answers to complex medical-legal questions.
- Can-Do Attitude
- Team Player
- Tempo, Tempo, Tempo
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provider Liaison (PL) employees play a very vital role in California Medical Evaluators. PLs are assigned specific CME physicians and are responsible for scheduling and coordinating successful evaluations from start to finish. The PL will act as the primary manager between physicians, attorneys and insurance adjusters involved in a workers’ compensation and other medical legal cases. It is the PL responsibility to assist the doctor in navigating the Medical Legal system, so the Physician can successfully author a report on an injured worker or other medical legal case and build a solid reputation in the medical legal industry.
It is important to know that each case has real life consequences for the injured worker and the physician. As the Provider Liaison, you have the power to assist the doctor, the injured worker, the attorneys and the insurance company by ensuring a smooth evaluation. Additionally, each case represents a significant amount of potential income for the doctor, CME and the applicant. Therefore, each case should be handled with great care.
- Oversee and coordinate scheduling QME evaluations in a timely manner
- Ensure applicant account information is correct and maintain accurate database
- Oversee the process of obtaining records and cover letters timely
- Download and upload medical documentation and cover letters as needed
- Obtain authorizations from the insurance carriers
- Send out required evaluations documentation in a timely manner
- Manage Physician expectation and proactively meet their needs
- Optimize and expand the of QME locations for each Physician
- Responsible for physician satisfaction
- Maintain clear and concise communication with assign physicians
- Primary contact for Physician questions
- Coordinate the evaluations coordinator to ensure the evaluations goes smoothly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with Internet including e-faxing programs and Google Suite/Drive
- 40+ wpm typing speed
- Ability to make multitask and meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and provide excellent customer service
- Fast-paced learner and detail oriented
- Ability to manage own tasks and assists co-worker
- Positive thinker
- Ability to think outside the box
- Bachelor’s in any field of study
- Desire to learn and work with healthcare and/or legal professionals
- Spanish proficiency a plus
Mr. Stoddard is a transformational sales and marketing leader who serves as Vice President, Sales & Marketing. With more than 15 years of experience in building and leading sales and marketing programs in the healthcare space, he is focused on enhancing the company’s brand, while expanding value added service lines. He earned his MBA from Northeastern University and holds a BS from the University of Massachusetts.