An Independent Medical Evaluation (IME) is an exam by a physician involving an injury that is not employment-related. CME works with a number of attorneys and insurance carriers who regularly contact us seeking medical experts for IME cases. Our physicians rely on CME to handle all of the administrative details involved with doing IME work, including:
- Correspondence with attorneys
- Document processing and management
- Handling of retention agreements
- Scheduling & calendaring of evaluations and phone conferences
- 80+ medical offices available for performing IMEs
- On-site coordinator on the day of the IME
- Billing & collections
- Dictation services
- Report writing consulting and review
- Client relations
- Full insurance coverage (medical malpractice and errors & omissions)
- Legal calendaring (depositions and trial)
Attorneys and Insurance Carriers
CME has an extensive network of board-certified physicians with the credentials and experience necessary to help attorneys, law firms and insurance carriers with any type of case. Our medical experts are frequently retained by both plaintiff and defense in cases pertaining to personal injury, labor & employment, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death, elder abuse and healthcare.
Our physicians are carefully vetted to ensure that every expert we submit to an attorney or insurance carrier has the right training and experience for each individual case. All of the physicians we recommend for IME work are highly credentialed and have participated in specialized training to ensure that they are prepared to perform top quality evaluations.
In order to guarantee your satisfaction, CME offers a complimentary initial consultation with any of our physicians prior to retaining an expert.